Saturday, May 28, 2016

YOU ARE GOD’S SENT – MY WIFE, DAUGHTER, SISTER AND MOTHER

YOU ARE GOD’S SENT – MY WIFE, DAUGHTER, SISTER AND MOTHER

Women should and be given fear treatment all over the world. A special allowance should be allotted to these beings. They are superb and great up-bringers. Before I got married, I used to say then that there is nothing special in house chores and taking care of children. I had boasted and promised to support to the very best of my ability but in reality, it is not that easy of doing the work of a parenthood, my hands drop (apa mi jabo). My wife has developed in the wee hours, she hardly sleep at night because the baby desires to be fed and she does that more than five times every night while I'm busy wheezling my nose out! Chai! Omo, She does the bathing, cooking (although, I help sometimes) and other house chores early before going to work after the day work, she enters the kitchen to cook what I like even when she doesn't have need to eat the food. If all these and more is what it takes to be a real MOTHER, I refuse to come in the next world (if there is) as a female (Thank God am a man!). Organizations and Government Parastatals should hear this, If you are in need of someone that can multi-task, please don't look for a male, women multi-task. God gave them that ability to do many things at a time. Kudos to them! (Mo gbe di fun yin lol).

So lately, I thought of what she has been doing even when I am not around at home, she automatically becomes the father couples with the motherhood chores and I concluded that God made women with that special capacity to carry a unique burden that men can't carry. Merely looking at the atrociousness of her chores sometimes makes me apathetic even when I bragged that I would help to my fullness in house chores (Iyawo nile awa, Oko longunyan, Oko Lonpomi lol!). This is not a news to those that experienced this and upon all the stress that women go through, husbands still demand 'Bedlington pussy' at night, I salute you great women indeed!. Woe unto that man that physically abuse his wife (Baba dariji won nitori won ko mo oun tonse!), great is his punishment in the future (haba! Baba Forgive them). Now I see why most entertainers, poets and other theatrical presentations echoes the exploits of mothers and greatness of motherhood. I use this medium to call on well-meaning Nigerians and the whole world to celebrate all our women, appreciate them, give them gifts, bless them and encourage them to do more. God bless all real mothers, those that didn't abandon their kids and husband for the pride of life. I am using this medium to send a reminder bill to the National Assembly for quick ratification and passage of women inclusiveness, recognition and supports for the provision of special incentives like one year maternity leave for all nurturing mothers and demi-day work till their babies’ clock three, as well as extra "allowee" for them, they are wonderful breeds. God bless my wife, daughter, sister, friend and mother! God reward me for my mother. Today I recognize true mothers and wives all over the world.

Happy Mothers’ Day!


Wusu, Oluwaseyi H 
(PhD in View 2016, University of Malaya, Malaysia)


No comments:

Post a Comment